This article is for the HP Photosmart 7510 and 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Series.
2. Open the ink cartridge access door.
4. Press in the tab on the front of the ink cartridge, and then pull it up and out to remove it from its slot.
Do not lift the latch next to the carriage to install the ink cartridges. Doing so can result in incorrectly seated ink cartridges and printing problems.
The latch must remain down to install the ink cartridges correctly.
Never turn off the printer when ink cartridges are missing.
Make sure that you replace any missing ink cartridges as soon as possible to avoid print quality issues and possible extra ink usage or damage to the ink system.
5. Remove an ink cartridge from its package, and then pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
Make sure you remove the orange pull-tab and plastic wrap completely before you remove the orange cap in the next step. Otherwise, ink might leak from the ink cartridge. When you remove the plastic wrap, the paper label on the top of the ink cartridge tears slightly, which is necessary to properly vent the ink cartridge.
6. Twist the orange cap counterclockwise to snap it off.
Do not lift the carriage latch handle to install the ink cartridges. Doing so can result in incorrectly seated ink cartridges and printing problems. The latch must remain down to install the ink cartridges correctly.
Be careful not to bend the tab out more than 1.27 cm (0.5 in). Moving the tab too far might damage the ink cartridge or cause the tab to break off.
2. Do not bend the tab more than 1.27 cm (0.5 in)
When you insert a new ink cartridge, the printer automatically prompts you to align the ink cartridges.